Here is a fun twist on a cole slaw. It uses traditional cabbage blend plus sweet bell peppers and a sweet onion. The dressing is a combination sweet/sour reminiscent of the dressing used for a classic three-bean salad.
Sweet Pepper Slaw
7 oz Cabbage, Shredded (I use a 1/2 bag of classic preshred with carrots included)
1 Medium Sweet Onion - diced fine
1/2 Pound Sweet Bell Peppers - diced fine.
2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
2 Tablespoons White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Oil (canola, olive oil . . .your choice)
1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
1. For the peppers - I used a combination of red, yellow and orange mini bell peppers.
2. To dice, I actually ran the (cleaned) onion and (cleaned) bell peppers through my food processor. Use a course chop.
1. Combine the cabbage, onion and peppers in a large bowl.
2. Prepare the dressing by mixing together the vinegar, oil, sugar and black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
3. Pour the dressing over the slaw mix and toss until well combined. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour to let the cabbage soften and the flavors marry.