Friday, October 31, 2014

Chili Corndog Casserole

So, I have this slight obsession with corndogs.  I've always loved them, but it's not something I typically buy or even eat often.  But I do really love them.  I also love chili dogs.  Once again, not something I buy when I'm out or even eat very often.  Then I came up with this crazy idea:  what if I made a casserole with all these ingredients in it?!?!?  Boo-ya!  You can thank me later.


Chili Corndog Casserole
Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 Hot Dogs
1 Small Can of Chili with No Beans
1 Box Jiffy Cornbread Mix + Ingredients needed to prepare
3 Green Onions
Cheddar Cheese, Shredded 

Step 1:  Grease and prepare a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.  Preheat the oven according to the Jiffy Cornbread box (following the instructions for 'Johnny Cake').

Step 2:  Prepare the Cornbread batter as directed on the Jiffy box.  Set aside.

Step 3:  Slice the hot dogs in coins and add to the cornbread batter.  Stir until well combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.  Bake according to the Jiffy Cornbread box (following the instructions for 'Johnny Cake').

Step 4:  While the cornbread is baking, open the can of chili and empty into a heatproof container and microwave until hot.  As well, clean and slice up the green onions.

Step 5:  Once the cornbread/hotdogs are done baking, cool for 5 minutes.  Cut into slices for serving.

Step 6:  To serve, top each piece with a heaping spoonful of chili, a sprinkling of cheese and smattering of green onions.

YUM YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment