Friday, February 20, 2015

Pistachio Pineapple Cake

My hubby loves pistachio pudding.  I love pistachio salad (you know the one . . .green and fluffy . .. I don't think I have the recipe on here though).  Any how, I married the two and made it into a cake:  white cake, pistachio pudding mix, pineapple and coconut.  I know, I know . . .I have a coconut obsession.  If you don't like coconut, omit it from the recipe.  But don't let that hinder you from making this crazy delicious and moist cake!


Pistachio Pineapple Cake
Ingredients:

1 Box White Cake Mix (16.5 oz Box)
3 Eggs
1 Cup Ginger Ale
3/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 (20-oz) Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained Well
1 Box Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix (3.4 oz Box)
1 Cup Coconut Flakes


Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease a 9x13 cake pan and set aside.

Step 2:  In a large bowl, add your dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, the eggs, ginger ale and oil.  Mix well for 2 minutes on medium with an electric mixer.  Fold in the pineapple and coconut.

Step 3:  Pour batter into cake pan and place in preheated oven.  Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Let cool completely before frosting the cake.  

Step 4:  Top with Pistachio-Cool Whip Frosting (recipe below)

Pistachio-Cool Whip Frosting:
1 Box Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix (3.4 oz Box)
1 Small Tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
1 Cup Coconut

Mix all above ingredients together.  Let sit in the fridge for 1/2 hour before frosting the cake so that the flavors blend.  

Store Frosted Cake in the Refrigerator!


No comments:

Post a Comment