Friday, March 15, 2019

Magic Coconut Custard

I love this recipe from Land O Lakes.  It is so super easy to make!  The original recipe calls for you to place it in a pie pan, I like to make it in a square 9x9 pan . ..it's easier to cut and serve.  And because my family loves coconut, I add a bit of coconut extract to the batter as well.  You can view the original recipe here.  Below is my version.  I have also double this recipe before and baked in a 9x13 pan to serve a crowd on a holiday. 



Magic Coconut Custard
Serves 9

Ingredients:

2 Cups Half & Half
1 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
4 Large Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Coconut Extract

Step 1:  Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 9x9 inch square pan; set aside.

Step 2:  Place half & half in 5-cup blender container; add all remaining ingredients.  Cover and blend at medium speed 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.

Step 3:  Pour egg mixture into prepared pie pan.  Bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Step 5:  Serve warm or chilled.  Store in the refrigerator.

Note:  My family enjoys this topped with whipped cream.  Land O Lakes suggests serving it with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of nutmeg.  

No comments:

Post a Comment