Friday, May 17, 2013

Frittata with Spinach, Bacon and Onion

Here's a quick meal for you - Frittata with Spinach, Bacon and Onion.  
God Bless the Incredible Edible Egg :) 

I can bring home the bacon.  And fry it up in a pan. . . . .(name that line!!)  Typically, I'm a big ambassador of baking bacon, but sometimes you want to fry it . . like in this wonderful, 1-pan meal.  And please ignore my stove that really needs to be scrubbed.  I vow to never buy another stove with a white glass-top.  EVER.


Mmmmmmmmmmmm  . . .couldn't resist another bacon shot.  If only this was a smello-blog.


While the bacon is cooking and teasing your taste-buds with their aromatic wonderfulness, beat two eggs in your favorite mug.  This is not my favorite mug.  But it was the only clean mug.  Rest are in the dishwasher.


Once the bacon is cooked to your fancy, remove it from the pan and drain it on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.  Do not remove the grease from the frying pan.

Now, add a large handful of fresh spinach to the hot pan.   Meanwhile, chop up your bacon.  As well, dice up some red onion.  Saute the spinach until wilted.

 

  Now add your beaten egg.


And thin sprinkle on your bacon and red onion.  I just love the sweetness of red onion in this dish.


Now, I'm not a master of flipping eggs in the pan.  My hubby is, I am not.  And I don't like runny eggs.  I like my eggs nice and firm.  Hence, I like to put a lid on pan to steam the eggs through.  That way, the top gets cooked too . . .and no runny eggs.


However, you can try to flip it.  After all, you'll never get it right unless you try.  Not too shabby, if I do say so myself ;)


And then plate this baby up and garnish with some sour cream and fresh cracked black pepper.  Ooo-lah-lah . . .fancy eggs!


Frittata with Spinach, Bacon and Onion

Ingredients:
2 Eggs
2-3 Strips of Bacon
1 Cup Fresh Spinach Leaves
1/4 Cup Red Onion, diced
Sour Cream (optional)

Step 1:  Cook the bacon in a frying pan.  Remove the bacon from the pan once it is cooked through.  Drain on paper towels.  Do not discard the grease.

Step 2:  Add the Spinach to the pan and saute until wilted.  Meanwhile, chop the bacon and dice up the onion.

Step 3:  Beat two eggs and pour them into the fry pan (and over the wilted spinach).  Then, sprinkle the bacon and onion over the top of the egg.

Step 4:  Let the egg cook until firm all the way through.  

Step 5:  Remove from the pan and garnish with sour cream.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment