Friday, February 14, 2014

Baked Oatmeal To Go

I have a love/hate relationship with oatmeal.  I love the flavor.  I hate the texture of it as a porridge or how it's traditionally prepared.  But I do love, love, love the flavor.  I love it in cake.  I love it in muffins.  I love it in crisps.  You get the picture :)  

And then I started seeing recipes for baked oatmeal . . .and it looked like muffins.  Hmmmm.  This peaked my interest.  I finally tried out a recipe and I LOVE THEM.  The texture is like a spongy muffin - and I'm good with that.   Super yummy, super moist, super delicious.


Baked Oatmeal To Go (Single Servings)
Yield:  12
Ingredients

2 Cups Oatmeal (Quick-Cook or Old Fashioned Oats)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (or other "add-in" such as raisins, nuts etc . .whatever you like)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
1 and 1/2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Applesauce
2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, Melted

Step 1:  Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.  Prepare muffin tin with liners.

Step 2:  In a large bowl, beat the egg and then add in the milk, applesauce and melted butter.  Stir to combine.

Step 3:  In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.  Stir to combine.

Step 4:  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.  The will be very wet!

Step 5:  Divide the mixture among the muffin tin liners.  An ice cream scoop works well for this.  Please note, each muffin liner will be nearly full to the top.

Step 6:  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly beginning to brown around the edges. These will not puff-up like a muffin or cupcake.  

Let cool 10-15 minutes before eating.  To store, place in air-tight container and keep in fridge.  



No comments:

Post a Comment