Friday, March 21, 2014

Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh . . spring is in the air!  It finally hit 50 here recently . .which was completely decadent!  That's pretty much tanning weather here :)  With that in mind, I instantly craved fresh fruits and veggies and lots of salads.  And then, I opened the weekly circular for the grocery store and these items were on special:  broccoli and cheese.  I didn't need to see any more.  That meant one thing to me:  Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad.  The remaining few ingredients needed for the salad, I already had in the pantry.

I absolutely love this salad because it's a good combination of sweet, green, creamy and just enough salt.  I've been known to eat a huge helping of this  . . .as my entire meal.  Yum.



Sweet & Sour Broccoli Salad
Ingredients:

10 Slices Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
1 Head Broccoli, cleaned and chopped into bite-size pieces
1 Small Red Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Raisins
1 Cup Unsalted Sunflower Seed Kernels
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons White Vinegar

In a large bowl, combine the bacon, broccoli, onion, raisins, cheddar cheese and sunflower seeds.  In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, sugar and vinegar and mix well.  Add the dressing to the salad and mix thoroughly.  Chill 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment