Friday, August 1, 2014

Lemon Dill Rice

Who needs a new rice recipe?  I did! I did!  Lemon Dill Rice - bright lemon + tangy dill = yum!  I came across this recipe and gave it a whirl.  I tweaked the recipe a bit  because I thought that adding salt + bullion would make it way too salty.  So, I've accounted for that in my recipe below.  Remember, you can always add salt! I've served this with grilled pork chops and it was fantastic.  I imagine it would also go great with fish.  If I had green onion or chives on hand, I would have added those before serving.  This turned out super yummy.


Lemon Dill Rice
Yield:  Approx. 3 Cups

Ingredients:
1 Cup White Rice
1.5 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
1 Teaspoons Dill 
2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
1TB Butter

Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan except butter.  Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.  Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.  Be sure to stir occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of your pan.  Add butter, stir and fluff with fork before serving.  This also turns out great using a rice cooker.

FYI - you can easily double this recipe and freeze half to serve at a later date.  Just let it thaw out and then heat in the microwave.  

No comments:

Post a Comment