Friday, June 7, 2013

Brownie Sundaes in a Mug

BEWARE:  Addictive Recipe Below . . .And Not-Very-Good Photos!  EVIL and ADDICTING!

Okay.  That's my PSA for the week.

We've all seen them:  recipes in a mug / single serve recipes / cooked in the microwave.  Yeah yeah yeah.  So, I finally gave in and tried one out.   I always thought that I never would.  I have a family.  Why would I need a single-serve ANYTHING??  Especially a brownie!  The fam would kill me if I didn't make a whole pan for them to devour.

And then opportunity knocked.  Or perhaps just shut the door.  As in, the teenager was gone for a few days and the little was already asleep for the night.  And hubby wanted something sweet to eat.


E.V.I.L.

I warned you.  But if you still want to move forward . . .here is the recipe with very little tweeks.  All credit really goes to the blog above.  I didn't really change much.

Brownie Sundae in a Mug

4 Tablespoons Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Pinch Of Salt
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
1.5 Tablespoons Oil (such as vegetable, canola or coconut)
1 Tablespoon Water
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips

Melt the butter in your favorite mug via the microwave (took mine about 20 seconds).  Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.  

Scrap the sides down and press firmly into the mug.  Microwave for about 1 minute.  Then check for your desired done-ness.  I nuked mine in-total for 90 seconds.  Please note, it will be very hot!!!  Let cool for 5 minutes.   Not too pretty .. . but I warned you!


To serve, top with HUGE scoop of ice cream.  Eat slowly . . .it's delicous.  So delicious, we had them not just one night . . .but two nights in a row.  SHHHHHHHHHHHHhh . . .don't tell the kids!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment