Friday, August 23, 2013

Blue Cheese-and-Pecan-Stuffed Celery




Have you ever tasted something and then you were instantly addicted?  I save that statement for a few things in life  . . .and this recipe is one of them.  I originally tasted these little devils while at a good friends party.  Blue Cheese, Dried Cranberries, Cream Cheese, Pecans . . .SWOOOOOOOON!  I ate one and became embarrassingly addicted.  I suddenly didn't care about anything else at the bbq . .. just these celery sticks.  I couldn't stop eating them.  I didn't ask for the recipe because I knew I would be in big time trouble.  

Fast forward two years:  said friends are having party again.  I I-N-S-I-S-T on them serving these "fancy ants on a log" or I refuse to attend.  They complied and I camped out next to these fancy-ants-on-a-log and then tried to convince no one else to eat them.  

And then my friend Teri pinned the recipe on Pinterest for me so I had no option other than to repin it and save it.  Turns out it is originally a Rachel Ray recipe.  I very slightly modified it by increasing the dried cranberries and stirring in the black pepper.  I just went with what worked for me.  I'm convinced that the celery is only there to make yourself feel better about eating this evilly delicious concoction.  I could totally forgo the celery and just eat a bowlful with a spoon.  It's that good.  

Blue Cheese and Pecan Stuffed Celery
aka:  Fancy Ants on a Log

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Blue Cheese
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans, toasted
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
Black Pepper
Celery

In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and blue cheese.  Mix together until well blended.  Add the pecans and cranberries and stir until combined.  Add black pepper to taste.  Spread on Celery.


No comments:

Post a Comment