Friday, August 30, 2013

Brownie "Dump" Bars

There are a few recipes that always seemed to be repeated every few weeks at my Mom's house when I was kid.  Scotcharoo's (sans the frosting), White Cake w/ Almond Frosting, and Brownie "Dump" Bars.  And it's the Brownies that keep reappearing at my own household.

Please Note:  this picture was taken late at night . .. and it seems that the brownies tend to disappear in the blink of an eye.  I'm lucky I was able to capture a photo before they were all gone!


The recipe comes from a community cookbook called "Recipes in Rhythm" - it was a cookbook published for a marching band fundraiser.   And when you open the book, it falls right to the page with this recipe on it.  How convenient for me :) It's a basic, reliable and no-frills brownie - made in one bowl. Everyone needs a recipe like this in their arsenal for when your craving something simple and sweet.  Or to feed all the neighborhood kids because your house is party-central.

Brownie "Dump" Bars
Ingredients:

2 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 and 3/4 Cup Flour
1 and 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
5 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9x13 pan.  "Dump" all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a large bowl.  Mix with spoon until all ingredients are moistened and combined.  Spread into greased pan.  If using, sprinkle with chocolate chips on top.  Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  

Please note, I did not use chocolate chips this time.  I was fresh out (as in I-ate-them-last-night).


No comments:

Post a Comment