Friday, July 4, 2014

Creamy Mashed Cauliflower

Let me start by saying:  I do not like cauliflower.  Here is a conversation from our house yesterday:
Me:  What do you want with the meatloaf tonight?
Hubby:  mmmmm.  I don't care.
Me:  I was thinking baked potatoes..?
Hubby gives me a discerning look. And then says:  Cauliflower?
Me:  Eww.
And then I decide to make myself a baked potato and him cauliflower.  But then I forgot to grab a potato from downstairs and I didn't feel like walking back downstairs.  So, cauliflower it was!  And boy, oh boy, it turned out fab.u.lous!  I've made mashed cauliflower before and I wasn't impressed.  However, I went with the clean-out-the-fridge route and mixed in a little Parmesan and cream cheese when I mashed it.  Swooooooon!  All that was left was one big spoonful . . .so I know it well received :)

Mashed Cauliflower
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 lb Frozen Cauliflower
1 TB Cream Cheese
1 TB Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Garlic
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Step 1:  Cook the cauliflower per the instructions on the container.  I microwaved mine.  Drain well.
Step 2:  In a food processor, add the cauliflower + the remaining ingredients.  Pulse until smooth.  Taste, adjust salt and pepper as needed.  Serve immediately.  Nobody likes cold cauliflower puree.




No comments:

Post a Comment