Friday, May 22, 2015

Chocolate Banana Muffins

My household has been trying to be a bit more healthy lately.  I can't decide how I feel about that (in general) - but I can tell you that I physically feel better.  Which is a good thing!  As a result though, I have created an 80-calorie, low fat chocolate banana muffin.  That's right - 80 calories!!!  AND THEY TASTE AWESOME.  Nothing weird in them either - straight up normal stuff, I promise!!  Give these a whirl - your family and kids will love them.  They might even think they are eating a cupcake for breakfast . . .just sayin'.  


Chocolate Banana Muffins
Yield:  15
Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
2 Cups Ripe, Mashed Bananas (2 - 3 medium bananas)
6 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 and 1/3 Cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Step 1:  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Meanwhile, prepare your muffin tin(s) with paper liners.
Step 2:  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.  Mix well.
Step 3:  Measure the batter into the muffin pan(s).  I use a standard scoop that holds 1/4 cup batter and disperse.  So easy that way!
Step 4:  Place the filled muffin pan(s) in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Store in Fridge for Freshness.

No comments:

Post a Comment